Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sami Yusuf - I am your hope

Sami Yusuf - I am your hope | سامى يوسف - سلمهم يا رب



I was born free. I’ve lived free.



What was intended to be a 4 months stay in Egypt, ended up in a 4 years stay and beyond. I fell in love with the place and its people. But they weren’t free. Their sewn lips showed clear sign of thirst , a thirst for freedom.



Today, a part of me has been revived. A part of me has been liberated today. There’s no bigger a blessing than freedom and no one more deserving of it than the one who stands up for it. History is written with faith, conviction and perseverance. You just wrote it. You’ve proved that the will of the people can shatter the shackles of oppression. My faith in you, shabaab, is firm. You are capable of taking the responsibility of a new future.



I’ve long longed to be with you all. Today you’ve inspired the world. Here’s a piece of my heart: Sami Yusuf - I am your hope. For you.



Inspired,



Sami





0 comments:

Post a Comment